Saturday 13 July 2013

Conchiglie Piccante


I'd been craving pasta for a while now and earlier Angel and Mr. Smoke made my stomach literally growl while discussing preparing certain dishes..so I soon after went into the kitchen and made some pasta quickly.


The conchiglie is the shell like pasta - which did the regular boiling al dente and then tossed with olive oil butter, parsley, oregano and chilli flakes.


I had some eggplant remaining in my fridge so I sliced it up and seasoned with chilli, garlic and lots of black pepper (I often add lots of black pepper over adding salt, usually you can't really tell that salt has been omitted). I tossed with some corn flour and then sauteed on the stove in olive oil till reaching a golden roasted colour.


Same seasoning with the mushrooms, more on the garlic and sauteed and then tossed in the bowl with chopped onions and green pepper which were uncooked so as to retain their fresh and crunchy texture in contrast to the juicy flavourful mushrooms.

 Of course the tomato sauce is all full of garlic, chilli flakes, oregani, and parmesan, with some mozzarella grated in for an overall very cheesy and thick and spicy sauce.



I have a garden salad yet to make with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado but I did a quick plating for the sake of posting.





Bon Appetit! :)

14 comments:

  1. that looks so good .. everytime i cook shells they get stuck within each other .... did u sprinke like a tsp of olive oil while boiling the pasta ?

    seriously im hungry now :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I cook each shell individually.


      LOL I don't know what the secret is, I just put a lot of water in a tall (old pressure cooker) pot, add some salt and boil just to al dente - I find if you boil over al dente thats when the water will get slightly thicker and starchy (glue) and results in the pasta more inclined to bond and adhere. I didn't add olive oil, but I did strain the whole in two batches rather than in one huge mass, into my long handle seive, so I could toss it while it drained, then just tossed into that glass container you see up there which already had a scoop of oliveoil butter in it ready for the pasta, repeated with second batch, then tossed so that it was overall coated. Seasoned and again tossed. I chose a vessel that wouldn't crowd the pasta so that the shells wouldn't nest.

      Delete
    2. I googled your query and came across this:

      "Italians generally cook pasta with a 1000:100:10 ratio. 1 litre of water for every 100g of pasta with 10g of salt.

      I just stir it once or twice during cooking. No oil or rinsing. Stirring the warm sauce onto the hot pasta usually breaks up any stuck-togethers."

      Delete
    3. That said I almost never measure anything when cooking.

      Delete
    4. i think its the difference between al dente and just beyond al dente and the starchiness in the water at that point :D

      Delete
  2. That looks really good. I am gonna make it one day :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Achha :P Did you even get to making today's recipe missy :-W

      Delete
    2. yes she did .. i tasted it and it was very good ... so i brought it home for my breakfast :D

      Delete
    3. Lol slap nerdyy I asked before she went n made and posted it finally :P

      Delete
  3. By the time I came to the last pic... the salivating reached a level even I can't describe :O Sooooo yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyful it looks :D

    I want pls :-W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mr smoke i finished it all :P

      Delete
    2. Thats a helluva lot to finish you greedy bumpkin :O :-W

      Delete
    3. Nooooooooo I did not :O I had like 4 spoonfuls :D and was content =]

      Delete
    4. Ohh Lol you meant YOU finished it all Guru ji haha ...... I got the first few bites though :P

      Delete