Saturday 6 April 2013

Fuud by IQ ^.^

Veggies...

...are a must.



I had some packaged deep-fried tofu balls from the local Oriental store, as well as a tub of soybean paste. First time ever using both. Tofu balls are a definite keeper, but the soybean paste didn't do that well. It was a bit sour, bitter, and very salty. I used about a tablespoon, well less than a tablespoon of the paste and made my own sauce with honey, chilli sauce and water and corn starch. The results were seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY delish.]




And then, the dessert. Looks like cake right? Well this is another one of my experiments. I had started baking with the intention of making a rice-cooker cake. After making a liquid base, I decided, let me do something different. I had already sifted a cup of flour into the liquid base, and that's when it hit me: I had two packages of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip mix in the pantry. And I wasn't really a fan of using a heck load of butter to make the cookies, so I made cookiedough cake!  The texture and the taste are outstanding. just the right combination of cookie and cake (duh). Well, something almost like a brownie, I guess :]
I made two cakes so there's quite enough for you all to have several slices :)


21 comments:

  1. yummmmmm ...hmm soybean paste may have been too concentrated hence salty .... everything looks so good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanji it was hmph. I still didn't like the taste though. Welcome back :-B

      Delete
    2. ty ... im seeing highway lines :-O

      Delete
    3. Oh oh *sits nerdyy down with a glass of wine*

      Delete
    4. LOLL err in that case zzzzzzzzz :P

      Delete
  2. :-O The amount you cook in one afternoon is probably what I do in a week :D

    Wah wah Miss.IQ ! Once again the pro at work!! everything looks amazing.. esp. the veggies and cake :-O tofu looks like chicken :D

    *gets ready to eat*

    Come Guru ji, the men shall eat NOW! :P


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you talking about? :-O You do way way way way more in a day than I do :-O haan I know looks like chicken :P

      Delete
    2. I could never prepare sooo many dishes in on go Lol I go flat after one :D

      Then again I am just a beginner... you and Guru ji are pros *Bows down to ya'll* :-P

      Delete
    3. Jeete raho khush raho *pats your head*

      Delete
    4. shhhh ..soon laylaa will be here screaming chickennnnnnnnnn =))

      Delete
    5. Nai she will be screaming Khuranaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

      Delete
    6. khuranaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

      Delete
  3. *Licks icing off all da slices and runs away* ::ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. invisible bhaiyya .... (oops i almost wrote dhuan bhaiyya LOLL) ...check shoutbox .. ive already gobbled down the cake ... in its stead i left a papier mache cake imitation with sweetened paint instead of the icing ... u been licking paint =)) =))

      Delete
    2. Nerdyy x( you was steamrolled before you ate what you thought was cake hmph waise second wala cake already sent to him =D7

      Delete
    3. Lol sweetened paint? hmm no wonder I got high :O

      haha Miss.IQ :d

      Delete
  4. Everybody please eat your veggies. I shall devour the tofu and the cake, which looookksss SOO GOOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete